tag

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Saturday - This week it's spring. I wonder about next week

Today was another lovely day in May. I am looking forward to more of these and, I can hope, can't I, that by the end of June I'll be able to start commuting back into NYC instead of waiting waiting waiting here.

I decided to try something different for me. I took some flower pictures. I don't own a true macro lens, and I didn't feel like schlepping out my tripod and remote shutter release, so the photos were all shot hand-held.

Macro photography is a fascinating area. The best bring small objects to life in unexpected ways. I can't say that I've been able to do that but I like the results of my experiment.

In particular, I was lucky to spot a honey bee flitting from tiny blossom to tiny blossom in a patch of forget-me-nots.

And on the New Zealand Impatiens blossom, I think there are small mites of some sort feasting on the petals. Maybe you can tell me.

To give it all context, a not so great shot of the woods that abut the north edge of my property.

All in all, there are worse places and worse ways to spend a month of social isolation.











 Permalink

https://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/05/saturday-this-week-its-spring-i-wonder.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.