tag

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Saturday March - no, that's May 9 but if feels like March

I got out of the house today, went to the local Farmers' Market where I picked up some wonderful vegetables from Gajeski Produce - the farm uses these "tunnels" to grow them all year round and they are excellent and local enough to make the word "fresh" mean fresh.

The Hudson Valley Duck Farm's duck farmer was running his own stand. He told me he ate fresh roasted duck last night. It's nice to know the man who raises them eats them too.

The Hudson River Apiaries honey stand was open. This guy's local honey is top drawer and I bought a bottle of Buckwheat honey. If you are from the area and you are in need of local wildflower honey, his is delicious - both spring and fall harvests so tasty I want to take it by the teaspoonful but I don't.

I stopped at a few other stands and bought fresh pasta, cheese, and the most amazing and addictive pesto from Buddha Pesto. Sadly, Rock City Mushrooms wasn't there.

It was the oddest weather day - beautiful and bright but very windy and chilly. It felt more like mid-March than mid-May and some people wore winter coats and boots along with their protective masks.

I enjoyed being out-of-doors and chatting from an appropriate distance with masked strangers. It's wonderful how everyone looks so beautiful when wearing protective gear.

Bear with me: this is the longest post I've done in quite awhile.















Permalink
https://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/05/saturday-march-no-thats-may-9-but-if.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.