tag

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Sunday - What a beautiful day to be outside!

Finally it felt like spring heading toward summer in NY! No complaints about today, I even had a chance to lounge on a lounger on the patio behind my house.

That said, another holocaust survivor from the Radomer Mutual Culture Center passed away from the Covid-19 virus. She, along with another woman who passed a couple of weeks ago, brings the total up to four from the society. I fear this virus will be the cause of the end of the generation that survived the Holocaust. Very sad and it makes me melancholy.

In respect to them, with condolences to their families, here is a photo I took of them about eight years ago.

I knew them both pretty well. Celia Feldman was as sharp as ever right up to the end of her life. She was smart, assertive, funny and always fun.


I lived across the street from Sally Horn when I was in junior high and high school. She was an earnest and loving woman. Sadly, she suffered from dementia the last years of her life before dying from the virus during our current pandemic. 
Despite the horrors they witnessed and survived, they went on to make great lives for themselves.

Both should rest in peace, both had loving husbands who predeceased them, both left wonderful families behind.

Permalink
https://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/05/sunday-what-beautiful-day-to-be-outside.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.