tag

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Wednesday - It's summer. The trees are all leafed out, the azaleas are in bloom

I should take a picture of the white azalea bush in my back yard. At night, it's so bright it makes it hard to sleep. It is a beautiful thing to see and at this time of year, with so many flowers blooming, the lawn a lush and bright late-spring green, and the trees shading the yard from the hot afternoon sun, it's a delight.

I got out on the old Malaguti scooter for a short ride into town. I needed to take a walk and I didn't feel like going to Kensico Dam Plaza. I wanted a change of scenery. Downtown Chappaqua isn't really big enough for a long walk, but I parked behind the stores on South Greeley, walked to the post office and back, then looped around the middle school ballfields and up past the Episcopal church. It was something different from the plaza, and in the warm afternoon, I did work up a sweat and even ran into a friend. 

Westchester has begun to reopen. Curbside retail pick-up is beginning, the Chappaqua Library is offering that service for its material if you use the reservation system. The number of new cases of the virus are down to levels at or below when the shut-down started, deaths are down, hospitalizations are down, and people are beginning to talk about going back to work.

We have to be careful, though. New York City, Westchester and Long Island were hit hard, really slammed by the virus and even if things are improving, we can't act as if nothing happened or we might be in for it again.

Meanwhile, a question for those who've drank Donald's kool-aid: how many of his lies will you believe before you begin to see the truth?

And speaking of truth, tonight I am posting photos of things I saw. These might seem random, but they are not quite that. Things get thrown away that should've been kept, or are tossed to the ground when they should've been put somewhere else. At least one mystified me because of how it sat so lonesome and forlorn, and I couldn't imagine how it got left behind. Some of them are part of the ongoing "Minor Crimes Against Humanity" series. You decide which.






Permalink
http://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/05/thursday-its-summer-trees-are-all.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.