tag

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Sunday - the last one of May and a lovely day indeed.

I didn't do much today. I was hoping to drive down to Queens to pick up my youngest and bring them up to the hose for a Memorial Day BBQ but since my Covid-19 antibody test came back negative, my child was reluctant. Next week, instead, I hope.

But dinner was nonetheless a delight. I broiled to perfection a marinated leg of lamb, covered with sesame, garlic and rosemary. Mary made one of her signature dishes, potatoes broiled with rosemary, garlic and olive oil but instead of the usual red baby potatoes she used fingerlings I bought at the farmers' market. Alongside that was fresh asparagus, tender and delectable. Wow!

We drank a bottle of Hermann J. Wiemer's 2009 Blanc de Blanc, a special sparkling wine that was aged over its lees for nearly a decade, disgorged only this past January. I wonder how this wine will taste in 5-10 years. This year it's delicious with its citrusy notes, it's yeasty toothiness, and palate clearing acidity. Delightful, indeed.

I haven't given any thought to what photos to post. I should have taken a picture of the asparagus, the potatoes and the lamb before it was carved, but I didn't, so you will just have to imagine them.

Instead, I'll contrast the meals' delights with a quartet of photos taken in the underworld that is Grand Central Terminal.




 
Permalink

https://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/05/sunday-last-one-of-may-and-lovely-day.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.