tag

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Thursday - yes, today's Thursday even if yesterday I thought it was Thursday

It is too, too easy to lose track of the day of the week when every day you are in the same place, doing many of the same things. The routine takes over and it's really only the weather that seems to change from day to day.

I look at the newspaper, I listen to the radio, I spend some time searching the internet for things I'm interested in, but I'm still here, still confined to Westchester, to the Chappaqua area, still locked down even if now one of the locks has been opened and some people are starting back to work.

My work is in the city, and I miss it, the city, the office, the commute, walking around, checking which food trucks are out, deciding what to get for lunch, going out after work, meeting up with friends, what have you. 

But dawn has peeked over the horizon, it's pink fingers tickling the tops of the trees. Soon the sun will be up and we will start back.

One thing I've had more time to notice: the Liar-in-Chief is most frustrated when called out, his lies thrown back in his face. We can hope that there will be a sunset for this soon.

Tonight I post a short series of a man who is proud to sell me a knish on the street. There is a certain coy pleasure in how he handles the tongs, plays with the camera, and wraps up the afternoon snack. 




This pair is from the Magdy's Cheesesteak cart. It's great seeing one of the men who make the food enjoying his own when he steps out to take a break.  And after him, one of the proprietor preparing my sandwich.



Permalink
http://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/05/thursday-yes-todays-thursday-even-if.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.